Monday, October 13, 2014

Product Junkie Realness 4C Starter Kit


My name is Lady Ray and I'm a productholic. It makes me all happy and warm inside when I buy a new product.

You can't help but to wonder, will this work for my hair? Most of the time its a 50/50 chance it will or won't, on a brighter side, depending on how short your hair is you may be able to use the product on another day or year. I've notice that I will buy a product, end up hating the product and throw it to the side to later on try the product again and love it. That's what happend with Cantu's Coconut Curl Cream, when I got my chop it did nothing for my mini curls until my hair grew out some inches now I love the product. Carol's Daughter, I bought three items, after all the rave reviews on her products I wanted to see the big deal. Let's just say it smells really good but it's didn't do what I thought it would do for my hair. So I'm saving those products for when my hair gets longer. Also you can put the products you don't use into use. I have a Carol's Daughter Leave in conditioner that I use to comb out my hair in the morning with water and oils that I put in a spray bottle. Hasn't went wrong yet so I'll keep using it. I had a product by Shea Moisture I wish I kept, The Curl Souffle I couldn't stand how it felt on my fingers or my hair but BABY my 4C hair was curled to the Gods!



I say never throw away any product you purchase until you have been staring at it for a year or two in your drawer. After all you spent your money so keep it. I'm also a Shampoo and conditoner junkie. Shea Moisture has a new Jamacian Black Castor Oil line, I want to try but I'm holding myself back from purchasing EVERYTHING. I have the Leave in conditioner and hair lotion and I love how it smells and makes my hair feel and I want the hair mask, edge repair, and shampoo. Since I love the shampoo I currently use and I use four different shampoos in a month I don't need five unless it can replace the four I use now. Just to clean that up I use 1.Aphogee For Protein (Once every two months) 2. For Deep Cleaning Johnson & Johnson Baby Shampoo 3. Neutrogena Triple Moisture 4. Neutrogena Triple Split Ends Repair.



You have to explore products to see what works for you and with the blogs, youtube videos and facebook pages you can't help but to try out a new product especially with a good review. You have to remember what may work for someone else may not work for you. When you are new in the Natural life you will try every product you hear about, especially us 4C Women, its hard to tame this hair so if someone knows the secret we will spend our money to get it. Then after you buy it you may say What the F___ was I thinking? When I bought the Herbal Essence in the blue bottle why da hell didn't any of you Youtubers tell me that shit was blue? I could've saved my trip to Food 4 Less and my three dollars on that! So that shampoo might actually be in my bag for hard times. Yes products are expensive, you may find yourself out of your favorite shampoo or conditioner,if you are a productholic keep the items you purchase because you will find yourself using them later or wishing you kept them.


Surprising Cantu is the cheapest natural hair product out there and it works very very good. It smells good and its worth the money especially when you can't afford those 10-20 dollar products. Go to Wal-Mart Target Rite Aid Walgreens CVS to purchase your products, if you go to the beauty supply you will be over charged unless it's a good business. Cantu products are 5-15 dollars if you see the products costing 9-20 dollars you are being over charged. Shea Moisture is always 10-20 dollars if you see it 15-30 dollars you are being over charged. Another good place to go is a local Swap-meet, you'll be surprised.


I have about 5-7 different oils I mix together by African Angel and Jamacian Black Castor Oil. When I was first looking for oils to purchase I didn't like the fact it had way more than just oil inside. When I read African Angel ingredients to Coconut Oil, it said "Coconut Oil". I use that, Vitamin E Oil, Tree Tea Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Aloe Vera, and a couple of drops of the Wild Grow in the yellow bottle. Oils have replaced hair grease and my hair does just fine.


If you love purchasing products as much as I do, make sure you read the ingredients, try to smell the product if possible, and look n shake the product to determine the weight. When you find the products that work for you, you will also find that hair routine that will lead to long healthy natural hair.




No comments:

Post a Comment