Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hair Thought: Wtf is winter hairstyles?

I'm hoping and praying if I blow out my tiny fro, will I be able to make Marley Twist real quick. It's getting cold out there and the blogs, youtube, is talking about winter hairstyles for naturals. I had my hair in braids most of my life and kept it chopped so now that its growing I need a winter style .
I don't get it.
I never saw or felt  a difference in my hair rather it's summer fall winter spring. I feel like during the winter and spring would be the best time to use heat, since the cold would keep it together. You don't understand a 4c naturals pain until it's summertime you get your press and curl. Go to bed with a scarf and ya roots are 4c and your ends are a 1a. You feel your curls come right back in the summer.
I'm at a stage where I can try some cute short hairstyles. And also take better care of my hair while experimenting. The important things I must keep in mind is: moisture, conditioning and keeping my ends trimmed. I feel like my 4c hair doesn't have to worry about the weather, I mean fairy knots are year around, so is breakage and many other things that can damage hair. Why limit my choice of style?
As the journey continues, I know one thing hats and beanies will be my best friend. Be careful I love beanies but it can snatch up your hair. Choose wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment